Colorado Certified Hand Therapists
Hand therapy is a specialty of occupational therapy for patients who suffer from injuries or conditions of the upper extremity. The upper extremity consists of the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, upper arm, and shoulder. Hand therapy is used to evaluate and treat these conditions or injuries in an effort to return a patient to their highest level of function.
Hand therapy can provide several huge benefits to improve patient outcomes and quality of life, including:
- Effective treatment without requiring surgery
- Assisted recovery if surgery is needed
- Alleviated chronic pain or soreness
- Reduced sensitivity from nerve problems or damage
- Restored feeling after a nerve injury
- Working with the patient to develop effective at-home activities and exercises
- Helping patients to recover and return to work faster after an injury
Hand therapy treatment is generally regarded as conservative (ie. non-invasive) and can be utilized either on its own or pre- or post-surgery. Hand therapy treatment can include exercises, activities, massages, and the use of splints, slings, braces, or other immobilizers. Effective hand therapy can treat several conditions or injuries of the hand of upper extremities, such as:
- Joint and ligament injuries or conditions
- Recovering from surgery
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Tendon and nerve damage
Certified Hand Therapists at Colorado Occupational Medical Partners
Hand therapists are occupational therapy specialists who have extensive knowledge and experience in treating hands and upper extremities. Certified Hand Therapists (CHT) must practice for a minimum of three years with at least 4,000 accumulated hours in treating hand and upper extremity injuries and conditions. They must also pass a rigorous certification exam and are required to recertify every five years.
At Colorado Occupational Medical Partners, our Certified Hand Therapists provide:
- Quick, accurate assessments of injuries
- Effective treatment plans and a clear course of action
- Education on at-home activities or exercises that can help speed recovery times or alleviate symptoms
- Education on strategies to avoid complications or the risk of re-injury
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Comprehensive occupational therapy that eliminates the need for multiple medical providers or therapists
Looking for experienced Certified Hand Therapists for Your Injury? Let Colorado Occupational Medical Partners Help.
At Colorado Occupational Medical Partners, our mission is to deliver the highest quality of occupational health care and physical rehabilitation to return patients to their highest level of function. Our team is dedicated to employers and patients, and we strive to develop strong, positive relationships with a culture based on safety, transparency, empathy, and trust. To find out more, find our location nearest to you.
Let Colorado Occupational Medical Partners be your source for occupational therapies and care in Colorado.